Family

Family

Called to Serve

We have loved traveling and being with family for the past two years but we felt the call to serve another mission so here we are in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania for the next year.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Mah Jong at the Senior Center

 
Posted by Picasa

Since I quit my job at Friendly Visitor Service two years ago, I have found several new activities to keep me busy. One of them is playing Mah Jong at the Clovis Senior Center. Every Monday afternoon I spend 3 hours playing with a group of women who make me feel like I am a youngster. I am at the entry level age wise to be using the Senior Center while most of the ladies I play with are at the other end. Several are around 80 years of age. We have a really good time playing and I really miss it when I am unable to go.

This other picture was taken when we were on the Yangtze River Cruise. I had looked forward to being able to play Mah Jong in China but I only got to play one time. The charge to rent a game on the cruise was about as much as it cost to buy a game so I was unwillng to do it. I did pay to join in when they taught people how to play the game and then we got to play for the rest of the afternoon. It was enough to tide me over for the rest of the trip.


 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: