Saturday, January 16, 2010
We received an email from the Mission President in India several days ago. Basically he was telling us that we would not be coming to India and said we had two options. We could wait until we get to the MTC and see what happens then or we could call Salt Lake and ask for a reassignment. We opted for the second option and Wayne called Salt Lake on Wednesday. The sister that he spoke to confirmed that we would not be going to India and said they were working on our assignment. She told Wayne that we could go to Russia but we would have to wait another 5 months because of the Visa requirements. Wayne told her that we have to report to the MTC on Feb. 1st no matter what because we have to be out of our house and we sold our car so we can't go anywhere in the US. She told him that a mission president had called, desperate for a couple to come to his mission but she had to check on the Visa requirements. She would call back that afternoon. Well, we did not hear from her that day but she called the next and said she had worked something out but it had to be approved by one of the apostles first so Wayne was to call her this afternoon. When Wayne called today, she said the paper work had not come back to her office yet and she was leaving early today. We are back to waiting for the mission call! Hopefully, we will find out on Monday. Another long weekend coming up!
Posted by Wayne & Libby Clarke at 8:17 AM