Family

Family

Called to Serve

We have loved traveling and being with family for the past two years but we felt the call to serve another mission so here we are in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania for the next year.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Full House

We have had a busy weekend. Busy in that we have gotten quite used to it just being the two of us at home and we had a few extra bodies here.

Friday morning Macayela, Ella and Dallin came to play for the day. Their mom and dad went to LA to see Wicked (I am jealous!) I wish I had taken pictures of all their activities for the day. We had a LOT of water time, games, videos and eating. They were all three so cute and so good but I was REALLY tired by the time Karyn came to take them to her house for a sleepover.

Also on Friday morning I had received a phone call from my mother as she was leaving the emergency room of the hospital. It seems that she had spent the night there with my dad and he had just been admitted so she was going to go home and get some sleep. I felt bad that I was unable to go sit with her at the hospital but with a houseful of kids it was not possible.

That night (almost the next day since it was 11:45pm) Brian and Christine and their two children came to visit for three days. We stayed up till about 1:30am talking and then decided we really didn't need to stay up because we had all the next day to talk.

Saturday was such a fun day. We had a lot of water toys out from the previous day but we added a few more and invited Preston and Ashlyn to come join Jackie and Olivia. They had a blast playing together and it was great for the second cousins to get to know each other. Again, I wish that I had thought to take pictures. We had a great time visiting most of the day and then Wayne and I along with Josh and Ashley went to attend the wedding reception of two young adults from our Ward.

Sunday was a good day at church. Jackie came into my Primary class and we had a great time. Everyone went off to visit Granny while I fixed dinner. We had Archie, Linda and Joey come for dinner and it was like a family reunion. We did manage to fit in a game of Apples to Apples which was fun.

Sunday night we stayed up really late again and got lots of suggestions from Brian for decorations at Ashley's reception. It is really too bad they live so far away. He has fantastic ideas and also most of the equipment to do a bang up job. We could really use him.

Well all too soon Monday came and it was time for the Boston Clarkes to leave. We had a wonderful time while they were here and I was really glad for the chance to catch up and do some bonding. We loved having them here and hope to be able to do it again soon.

I did think to get the camera out just before they left and so am including pictures of Olivia (soon to be 3 years old) and Jackie (5 years old, starting school this year).






No comments: