Family

Family

Called to Serve

We have loved traveling and being with family for the past two years but we felt the call to serve another mission so here we are in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania for the next year.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Acquiring New Skills

As one of our Enrichment Activities our Ward started a Quilters Group last year. The first picture shows the first project we worked on. To view it you will have to tilt your head though because the picture is rotated for some reason. This was a pattern that our group leader and her sister designed. It is a wall hanging but I use it for my dining room table. From there we went on to do placemats and pillow cases. Then I decided that I was going to do a for real quilt. I used an Irish Chain pattern and made a queen size quilt. I took it to a lady who has a quilting machine in her home to have it quilted and I am really happy with the final outcome. The other picture shows the quilt. I am now in the process of finishing up a fall colors table topper and a cute baby quilt with 3-D hearts. The next big project will be a twin size quilt for Ashlyn for Christmas.



No comments: